Our Relationship with McDonalds
Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) has been McDonald’s “charity of choice” for more than 40 years.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of the Piedmont Triad is neither owned nor fully funded by McDonald’s. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and McDonald’s is one of our corporate donors and partners.
Local McDonald’s Owner/Operators do contribute to our House and they typically fund 7-8% of our annual operating costs. RMHC Global provides additional funding totaling about 6%. Generous support from individuals, groups, and corporate donors account for the remainder of our annual operating income.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers
- Owner/Operators participate on our Board of Directors
- Round Up program at McDonald’s cash registers and Donation boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing RMHC Global fundraising
- McDonald’s conducts an annual fundraiser called McHappy Day. Since 2002, it has raised more than $170 million for RMHC and children’s charities around the world
Our Relationship With The Medical Community
Brenner Children’s Hospital, Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center, and Cone Health Women’s & Children’s Center at Moses Cone Hospital are strategically partnered with our Ronald McDonald House in creating positive outcomes for pediatric patients and their families. We serve as a provider of supportive housing for patient families and operate Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in all three facilities. The Ronald McDonald House is neither owned nor fully funded by these facilities.