Our Relationship with McDonald’s
Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) has been McDonald’s “charity of choice” for more than 40 years.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of the Piedmont Triad is neither owned nor fully funded by McDonald’s. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and McDonald’s is one of our corporate donors and partners.
Local McDonald’s Owner/Operators contribute to our House and typically fund 7-8% of our annual operating costs. RMHC Global provides additional funding totaling about 6%. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from generous support from individuals, groups, and corporate donors.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers
- Owner/Operators participate on our Board of Directors
- Round Up program at McDonald’s cash registers and Donation boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest sources of ongoing RMHC Global fundraising
- McDonald’s conducts an annual fundraiser called McHappy Day. Since 2002, it has raised more than $170 million for RMHC and children’s charities around the world
Our Relationship With The Medical Community
Our Ronald McDonald House strategically partners with Brenner Children’s Hospital, Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center, and Cone Health Women’s & Children’s Center at Moses Cone Hospital in creating positive outcomes for pediatric patients and their families. We provide supportive housing for patient families and operate Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in all three facilities. The Ronald McDonald House is neither owned nor fully funded by these facilities.