Our Relationship with McDonalds
Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) has been McDonald’s “charity of choice” for more than 40 years.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of the Piedmont Triad is neither owned nor fully funded by McDonald’s. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and McDonald’s is one of our corporate donors and partners.
Typically around 7% of our annual operating costs are graciously funded by Owner/Operators of local McDonald’s restaurants, and RMHC Global provides another 6%. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individuals, groups, and corporate donors.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/Operators participate on our Board of Directors.
- Donation boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing RMHC Global fundraising.
- McDonald’s conducts an annual fundraiser called McHappy Day. Since 2002, it has raised more than $170 million for RMHC and children’s charities around the world.
Our Relationship With The Medical Community
Brenner Children’s Hospital and Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center are strategically partnered with our Ronald McDonald House in creating positive outcomes for pediatric patients and their families. We serve as a provider of supportive housing for patient families and operate Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in both facilities. The Ronald McDonald House is neither owned nor fully funded by either facility.