The Friends of Ronald McDonald House Charities® of the Piedmont Triad was formed just two years after our House opened, and plays an integral role in fundraising, community awareness and providing volunteer support to further the mission of the Ronald McDonald House.
The Friends organization oversees two of our annual events: Light a Luminary and the Character Breakfast. Proceeds from membership and all events directly support the operation of the House.
Over the past 30 years, the Friends have donated nearly two million dollars and countless volunteer hours to support the families of RMHCPT.
Friends support the House through:
- Light a Luminary: The Friends biggest fundraiser culminating with the community lighting over 56,000 luminaries in December in support of our families.
- Character Breakfast: Special event for preschool and elementary children and their families held in October.
- Community Relations: Friends serve as community ambassadors, helping spread and garner support for the House and events.
- Meals Volunteers: Friends help provide meals and snacks for our families.
- Socials and Events: The Friends Young Professionals hold socials and events to network, raise awareness, and support the mission of our House.
For questions or more information, please contact Kate Grimmett, Development Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 970-5652.