The Friends of Ronald McDonald House Charities® of the Piedmont Triad play an integral role in fundraising, community awareness and providing volunteer support to further the mission of the Ronald McDonald House.
Over the past 30 years, the Friends have donated nearly two million dollars and countless volunteer hours to support the families of RMHCPT.
The Friends organization oversees annual events, including Light a Luminary, the Character Breakfast, and signature events. Proceeds from membership and all events directly support the operation of the House.
The Friends of Ronald McDonald House Charities® of the Piedmont Triad are back:
and they are New, Engaged, and Wild!
Friends support the House through:
- Light a Luminary: The Friends biggest fundraiser, culminating with the community lighting almost 60,000 luminaries in December in support of our families. This holiday tradition has been a part of Ronald McDonald House Charities® since 1987.
- Character Breakfast: A special event for preschool and elementary children and their families, participants dine with superheroes, princesses and storybook characters on Saturday, November 4, 2023.
- Signature Events: Ronald McDonald House Charities® Piedmont Triad celebrates our 40th anniversary in 2024! We’ll be marking this special milestone with a signature gala celebration, and our new signature fundraiser will make its debut. We’ll be “all hands on deck” for these events and counting on our Friends to lead the way!
- Engagement Committee: The Engagement Committee plans socials and events to network, raise awareness, and support the mission and programs of our House. They serve as community ambassadors, helping garner support for the organization and our events.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Help us make baked goodies or bag lunches for the families at the Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms.
See the dates and sign-up for a shift.For questions or more information, please contact Jolyn Roberts, Chief Hospitality Services Officer, at [email protected] or (336) 970-5655.