Bilingual Hospitality Services Coordinator
Title: Bilingual Hospitality Services Coordinator (Spanish fluency)
Reports to: Hospitality Services Director
Job Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Last Revised: 03/10/2023
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Hospitality Services Manager and/or Hospitality Services Coordinator, assist with the day-to-day operation of Ronald McDonald Hospitality Cart program as assigned. These responsibilities include: ensuring the Hospitality Carts are well-maintained, fully operational and fully stocked with supplies: and providing accurate Hospitality Cart statistics. Assists, as able, with special events, fundraisers and day- to-day operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hospitality Cart Staffing: Helps to staff the Hospitality Cart if a volunteer and/or substitute is not available. Work closely with Hospitality Services Director, Hospitality Services Manager and other Hospitality Services Coordinators to develop strategies to recognize and retain volunteers.
- Hospitality Cart Maintenance: Responsible for transporting inventory and supplies for the Hospitality Carts in a timely manner. Oversees cleanliness and condition of the Hospitality Cart.
- Record Keeping/Promotion: Gathers Hospitality Cart statistics and is responsible for the accuracy and distribution to the Hospitality Services Director.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the staff at each outreach medical facility.
- Medical Facility Liaison: Assists Chief Executive Officer, Volunteer Services Manager, Hospitality Services Director and Hospitality Services Manager in developing and maintaining professional and strategic relationships with management in each medical facility where Hospitality Carts are located.
- Other: Other responsibilities as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience required
- Fluent in Spanish
- Two years of experience in customer service or guest relations.
- Valid state issued driver’s license
- Must complete required hospital volunteer requirements, including background check, and immunization requirements for each hospital that has a Hospitality Cart.
- Able to perform basic life operational skills of walking, grasping, talking, hearing, standing and repetitive motions.
- Able to lift, carry and move objects weighing 30 lbs.
- Demonstrate initiative, problem solving ability, critical thinking skills, strong communication skills and diplomacy
- Able to perform duties with minimum direction and supervision
- Demonstrate positive attitude toward guests, donors, volunteers, and others who encounter the Hospitality Cart
- Demonstrate respect for the privacy and confidentiality of all guests and agency information
- Demonstrate genuine interest in the successful operation of the House, Family Rooms and Hospitality Carts
Note: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Employees must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
Submit all resumes and a cover letter by 5:30 p.m. Friday April 6, 2023 to the attention of,
Jolyn Roberts, Hospitality Services Director via email to the following address:
No phone calls please.
Although our internships are unpaid, participants can gain valuable experience and know that they are truly making a difference in the lives of our families. Please contact us at 336-723-0228 or [email protected] for information about available internships.