Senior Guest Services Manager
Title: Senior Guest Services Manager
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Last Revised: 04/07/23
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Guest Services Manager (Sr GSM) is responsible for ensuring a comforting, safe, and organized environment for guests at the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem (House). Excellent communication and computer skills, flexibility, a sense of humor, and attention to details are essential. Principal duties include welcoming, verifying eligibility and checking-in families, performing office tasks, maintaining the appearance and safety of the House and supervising, scheduling, evaluating, and serving as back-up for Weekend Managers (WM) and Guest Services Managers (GSM). The Sr GSM reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guest Relations: Coordinate the admission of families to the House (including verifying eligibility, running and reviewing background checks for all potential guests 18 years or older), orient families to the facilities, and perform recordkeeping/reporting related to admissions, departures, and occupancy. Provide guidance, information, and services for families as needed. Assist with transport of families to and from medical facility as needed. Welcome visitors to the House, provide tours and assistance as necessary. Maintain an environment that supports the needs of the families for rest and emotional support. Monitor the House population, including family members and guests, to ensure appropriate usage. Communicate pertinent information about behavior and activities of guests to COO. Perform switch-off with GSM and WM to ensure seamless transition of Guest Services duties at shift changes. Also perform switch-off with Overnight Awake Manger (contract security). Assist with supervising volunteers when they are in the House. Assist with the collection and recording of both In-Kind and monetary donations as well as handling of petty cash box. Assist with development and/or implementation of new House policies and procedures. Train GSM and WM for managerial duties of guests and facility. Establish and cultivate external relationships with staff at referring medical
- Facility Maintenance: Responsible for the appearance of the facility while on duty. This includes cleaning a room to make it available for use if the Housekeeper is not available and cleaning common areas if necessary. Put away meals and straighten kitchen. Handle emergency maintenance issues, as necessary.
- Management: Responsible for the interviewing, hiring, training, supervision, scheduling, and evaluation of WMs and GSMs. This includes but is not limited to: conducting staff meetings; conducting new hire training as well as refresher trainings; conducting introductory period and yearly performance evaluations; ensuring adequate staffing coverage and filling in as needed; being on-call during weekend/night shifts to assist by phone or in person as
- Other: Attend staff meetings. Maintain Managers’ Manual with COO. Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Four-year college degree is preferred or work experience equivalent.
- Two years related paid work experience required.
- Valid state issued driver’s license required.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of database software and desktop publishing helpful.
- Excellent communication skills, mature judgment, and attention to detail.
- Flexible, patient, and capable of coordinating tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate initiative, problem solving ability, and diplomacy
- Able to perform duties with minimum direction and supervision.
- Demonstrate positive attitude toward guests, donors, volunteers, and others who come in contact with the Chapter.
- Demonstrate respect for the privacy and confidentiality of all guests and Chapter information.
- Demonstrate genuine concern for the successful operation of the Chapter.
- Able to perform basic life operational skills of standing, bending, walking, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Able to lift and move objects weighing 30 lbs.
- Able to climb stairs and use step stools or ladders.
- Visual acuity to operate a computer terminal and to read extensively.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Able to communicate in Spanish preferred.
This position is full-time with potential for a flex schedule. The pay range is $25-32/hr.
No Phone Calls, please. Please submit your resume and cover letter by 5:30 p.m. on 05/12/23 to:
Kathi Grenough, Chief Operations Officer
Although our internships are unpaid, participants can gain valuable experience and know that they are truly making a difference in the lives of our families. Please contact us at 336-723-0228 or [email protected] for information about available internships.